Hello, Crimson Daggers, a little bit about myself :)
Not the greatest of artists but with perseverance, studying, practice and a little magic, I aim to flourish my artistic ability into something I can be proud of and enjoy for a living. My goal is to understand various art concepts, techniques, and develop my own artistic identity, but, the thing is, I don't know where to began and I am hoping Crimson Dagger community can aid me in that journey.

All my life I've been drawing with informal education and even then my drawings are not that great. I took a long break after HS from drawing, and after some soul searching, I've found out that in my life, even if I'm not good at it, art, is what I enjoy, but I feel as if I am not naturally talented enough to pursue it as a career. Even if I do, I'd like to know what options there are in the field of Art, so if anyone can shed some insight on that that would be great too. I'm scared to pursue it and spend a large amount of money on schooling for something I am not naturally good at, or great at. I feel as if, I struggle on creating unique ideas out of my head, I have no formal sense of texture, anatomy, angles, texture or color, or how something should look etc, I am hoping the community here can suggest some exercises, books, etc to help me improve.

I am taking a Gesture Drawing, course next semester, so this month I am going to spend educating myself and improving (if that's possible),

here's my recent drawing I did, this was looking at a reference though, which is the only time I can draw something decent.

http://lucildoodlez.deviantart.com/art/L...5#comments

Thanks! I hope to learn and grow.

Messages In This Thread
Hello, Crimson Daggers, a little bit about myself :) - by Lucil.M - 12-14-2013, 05:47 AM