A reaper character concept
Thanks for the feedback once again!

You're really right about the narrative, and I remember you mentioning it on another piece I did. And I realize that I have to develop some sort of system, because I tend to often loose myself in the mood of a painting and fill the narrative gaps in my mind the longer I spend on it. (I should probably tattoo 'Narrative' on my forehead..)

As for the anatomy I know I have a lot of studying ahead of me, and you had a really good point on him lacking a curve in his torso, breaking the flow which didn't occur to me.

So back to the sketchbook on this one too then, not sure if I can just paintover or if I'll just rework it completely - but I'll post some updates here along the way, if that's cool?

Oh and by the way on the monitor aspect of things, the difference is obvious on my laptop even though it's calibrated but I'm sitting on a pretty decent screen. So my question is should I go for what looks good on a perhaps lower-end or uncalibrated screen, or just trust my monitor? In music you always want to balance a mix after both quality speakers and a general car stereo - where most people listen to it. I have no idea if this applies to digital art.

Thanks again!

Robert

dA

Messages In This Thread
A reaper character concept - by Oafnugget - 02-10-2014, 10:29 PM
RE: A reaper character concept - by Amit Dutta - 02-11-2014, 11:10 AM
RE: A reaper character concept - by Oafnugget - 02-11-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: A reaper character concept - by Amit Dutta - 02-12-2014, 04:30 PM