Please critique this
I agree that you shouldn't try to capture the moment the bullet impacts the monster. There's no suspense. Another reason it might look boring is the way the characters are all positioned in kind of the middle ground. It makes it all just kind of flat, despite the perspective. I would maybe move the girl into the foreground a little more to give the piece some depth.

The girl bothers me because of her pose and expression, not so much anything else. She doesn't look like she's in a life-threatening situation. She just looks sad, but not even sad like she's going to die; she looks more like someone ate the last Oreo. And she's just standing there. She's not making any move to save herself or the guy. Also, her hands are tiny. And she should be more in shadow, being around the corner from the gunshot and with no other light source.

The tunnel bothers me too. Behind the guy, the wall is the same value as the floor. I'm not sure if that's right, but for the sake of readability: form change = value change. Also, what is this place made out of? Why is it green? Are those walkways wide enough for those characters to walk down? Is this water clean? Would it be splashing around?

The monster, what's his skin like, scaly or slimy or metallic? His right arm is cocked back ready to punch, but that pipe on the wall looks too close to let him pull back that far.

I think that's about all I've got. Hope something in there helped.

Sketchbook  :::  Site

Messages In This Thread
Please critique this - by VecThor - 02-20-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: Please critique this - by Madzia - 02-22-2014, 02:38 AM
RE: Please critique this - by VecThor - 02-22-2014, 01:57 PM
RE: Please critique this - by Madzia - 02-23-2014, 08:43 PM
RE: Please critique this - by par gin - 02-23-2014, 11:40 PM
RE: Please critique this - by VecThor - 02-24-2014, 09:43 PM