Help me become a Professional Artist
Hey man! It's been a few months since I saw your sketchbook - I can see loads and loads of progress! You're working hard and getting good ^^

Seems your figure and gesture stuff turns out much more solid than the still life's and selfies. Could it be that you are more relaxed when you do them? Do you feel less pressure to get them right? (or just that you are more comfortable with fitting together those kinds of forms and masses)

Whatever that state of mind you have when you do those, try to take note of it and when you do the still life / self-portraits try to figure out what's different. For me, when I pressure myself, I tense up, hold the pencil tight, my lines don't look as good then I end up rushing and draw stuff I'm not happy with and then feel bad about it. If that happens to you too try to come up with some techniques to stop that (for me I just stop and draw really really really slowly, every line I take one breath and think before I lay it down - doing that for a bit seems to clear away some tension).

Keep going man!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Joe - 03-23-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Joe - 04-06-2015, 03:01 AM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Kir - 06-21-2015, 03:57 PM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Joe - 06-23-2015, 08:06 AM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by JyonnyNovice - 09-15-2015, 11:14 PM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Flo - 01-27-2016, 06:33 PM