Prototype Showreel is up for critique
(03-14-2014, 08:04 AM)monkeybread Wrote: Yeah slow down those moves and wipes...maybe even by as much as two times. You don't need to zoom in so much and track so far across each image, maybe minimize your lateral moves and, just do a slow movement or very slow zoom in or out to keep a sense of movement. You could use insets to show detail if you really want to, but it's probably unnecessary.
The moves are also really jerky...so maybe look at your frame rate? What software are you using?

Show your details at the beginning for much longer, make the font and title overlay bit more professional looking, it's kinda powerpointy atm.
Nice drawings btw. If they are science illustratiins, why not subtitle each image with the scientific names of the things and maybe where they were published if they were.

I'm pretty sure I rendered out at 25fps using Premiere Pro. When you say powerpoint-ish do you mean because it's just a text on a shaded box?

Thanks! They were not published, they were all just practice drawings, and I only have some of their scientific names on the back of the paper. Small stuff like the pine cone or iris sketch were found objects that I don't know the species of. Would that inconsistency of sometimes having the scientific names and sometimes not look bad, should I choose to include them?

Focus.

Messages In This Thread
Prototype Showreel is up for critique - by meat - 03-14-2014, 07:07 AM
RE: Prototype Showreel is up for critique - by meat - 03-15-2014, 12:43 AM