how do you manage social media and external influences on your art?
@Eduardo actually that reminds me of something else I noticed about myself. When I'm in team meetings at work and my brain is half engaged on the discussion, my sketches, gestures and comp thumbnails, which I'm drawing at the same time are much stronger, have better movement and rhythm than when I'm only painting. It's like too much focus on painting actually hinders my ability to make bold strokes.

@foxfire, lol, don't let us semi cynic recluses in here sway you too much , just go with what suits you... :) I did want to hear how people used SM in general, not just the negatives, but yeah I have been turned off it quite a lot recently :)

@meat, haha luckily you can switch off your video or only share your screen. Btw that description sounds like a good self portrait waiting to happen. Oh and welcome to the 30s. It's pretty sweet, you start really realising to avoid a lot of bullcrap and how to focus on more important things better in my experience so far ;)

Ok so next question : how many of you follow art directors on facebook or twitter by blog etc? I haven't bugged any really high profile ones yet with my work....not quite at the skill level yet, but have you guys done it on fb or twitter? A mate of mine said he had and got a lot of work from Paizo as a result. I personally think email is much more professional and less intrusive, but am I just being an old fuddy duddy?

And #2 : when i see a post about something realy awesome that happens to an artist on a similar skill level to mine (for example a mate of mine just got into Spectrum!) I have small twinges of jealousy interspersed in the happy for them feeling. I feel so petty when that happens, but I do have to control that feeling away. I was wondering if anyone else gets that?

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
RE: how do you manage social media and external influences on your art? - by Amit Dutta - 03-28-2014, 06:02 AM