Ankh Morpork painting
Thanks so much guys :) that all helps immensely! I am getting to the point where I was just going to give up and go back to it later but I think I'll push through and work on what you mentioned.

Alchimi - I'm having fun with the easter eggs but I'm getting fatigued putting so many on there that I left out any other people I'd planned to put in.

Monkeybread - I'm glad it feels like Discworld, the beginnings of this started back in my college days and I studied in Wrexham not far from Chester. The main building is a sketch I did on the main street of the tudor buildings and my brother liked it so much he wanted me to put some Ankh Morpork characters in, specifically Rincewind and the Guards etc. The original drawing (below) is loads more quirky and now you've mentioned that it looks confusing I can see that I've started to straighten things that were wonky before and added to the charm of it. Now with straight bits and wonky bits it doesn't fit together. I've attached the steps I worked on so you can see the progress. I think somewhere I've lost my way and over painted it. As for the focal points I wanted the building to be the focus and the characters added extras. I think I might have to go back a few steps. Grit and texture too, I always do things too smooth, I need work on that too.. thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Ankh Morpork painting - by Angel_Intheuk - 03-31-2014, 08:25 AM
RE: Ankh Morpork painting - by Angel_Intheuk - 04-14-2014, 08:58 AM
RE: Ankh Morpork painting - by Alchimi - 04-14-2014, 10:13 AM
RE: Ankh Morpork painting - by Amit Dutta - 04-14-2014, 11:13 AM
RE: Ankh Morpork painting - by Angel_Intheuk - 04-14-2014, 06:36 PM
RE: Ankh Morpork painting - by Angel_Intheuk - 05-08-2014, 09:42 AM
RE: Ankh Morpork painting - by Amit Dutta - 05-08-2014, 06:23 PM
RE: Ankh Morpork painting - by Angel_Intheuk - 05-13-2014, 10:08 AM