JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Thanks Hypnagogic, great tips as always ^^ I'll keep at it! My usual method for memorising things is to draw from reference 2 - 3 times, then from memory, then from reference, then from memory until the one from memory is like the real thing. I find it really boring though... Good to vary it up, so I'll try the reference -> draw from a different angle exercise as well. I guess everyone finds that kind of stuff boring right?

Getting sidetracked into other things though, which isn't a problem! Anatomy seems to be a really slow start. The compressed charcoal was proving too difficult for me to manage so I bought some conte crayons - they are a kind of halfway point between graphite and charcoal but can be blended like pastels. Here are some doodles from imagination with charcoal and then some experiments with conte crayons:

[Image: amaXOWU.jpg]

[Image: L09oogx.jpg]

[Image: JwR4U2o.jpg]

[Image: qDt2jTN.jpg]

[Image: ZoawrlZ.jpg]

Started reading a bit about colour theory as well, feel that I might start with that alongside my anatomy studies - I'm tired of all my stuff being black and grey!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 06-28-2014, 11:37 PM