Game poster - Feedback please!
Thanks for the feedback Madzia! This one is for a 3d animation school and the criteria of evaluation were making it look as 3d as possible - thats why the style of shading, their expressiveness and personality, how well the poster would work as an ad and the skills shown on chosen platform.

I had a very hard time picking the composition. My first ideas had them skiing and snowboarding looney tunes style next to eachother. The problem was that a background of a competition track or area was required, and it was hard to make it look like a winter olympics game rather than a downhill skiing game if I just put a mountain at the back.

So I opted for ski jumping, which is a very traditional kind of wintersport unlike snowboarding, and I tried to have some golden section setups where the skijumping lip was on the background. The problem was that it had way too much empty space like that, so I decided to put them on the skijumping lip instead. I put the badger to the left and bit higher up altho hes bigger to avoid the symmetry issue and to keep a sense of the golden section in there, but I agree that it's pretty faint.

I do agree with everything you said, especially the dynamic composition part. I just couldn't come up with one that would make sense as an olympic style wintersport game, or without favouring one of the characters with the camera distance :( And thanks for the tangent link, I havent got the eyes to pick them up in a picture like this!

Messages In This Thread
Game poster - Feedback please! - by Jakemono - 04-02-2014, 01:01 AM
RE: Game poster - Feedback please! - by Madzia - 04-02-2014, 06:10 PM
RE: Game poster - Feedback please! - by Jakemono - 04-02-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: Game poster - Feedback please! - by Jakemono - 04-03-2014, 08:10 PM
RE: Game poster - Feedback please! - by Jakemono - 04-04-2014, 05:02 AM