Advice on this piece?
Hi. It's my first attempt to paintover .
So at first I cut your picture a bit from above and added some space to the right just to give the firgure more space .

The most important thing I want to show you is importance of tone. Remember one of main rules of drawing - the more object is closer to viewer the more it's darker, so the level of tone recedes from the point you stay.Object at the distance gets colder in colour and looses saturation.
But at the picture the trees at background are much more darker than bridge and figures. But they are closer. So i did the stones darker and trees lighter.
As I see you wanted to have a foggy weather with clouds. When you have that conditions sky gets really really light. Also there is no sun during this weather - it means no strong ligh source - no dark shadows. Clouds scatter sun's light across the whole sky so light is ( i don;t know how to say) almost everywhere.Impressed
It means you won't have that much contrast betweem light and shadow on objects on cloudy days.

Going further)
Your character has a lantern(or what is it) so it's light scatters throught the fog. It makes this "colour corona"; you can see it on paintover.
I think thats it.
You can turn your image to black/white to see tone clearly.

Hope it has helped. Good luck ;)

Attached Files Image(s)

You can find my works here:
http://defreeee.deviantart.com/

Messages In This Thread
Advice on this piece? - by Baoto - 05-05-2014, 07:30 AM
RE: Advice on this piece? - by Adam Lina - 05-05-2014, 02:24 PM
RE: Advice on this piece? - by Valerien - 05-06-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: Advice on this piece? - by Defre - 05-06-2014, 02:54 AM
RE: Advice on this piece? - by meat - 05-06-2014, 05:25 AM
RE: Advice on this piece? - by Amit Dutta - 05-07-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: Advice on this piece? - by Baoto - 06-14-2014, 08:54 PM