Poll: Which style mentoring thing would you prefer? (probably read below first)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
lectures, review and homework
46.15%
6 46.15%
themed and more freeform discussion like a podcast
53.85%
7 53.85%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

ImSkeptical wants to help you become skeptical! And with art things too...
Hell I'm down! A couple of ideas I use to practice I snagged from peeking at your sketchpad anyway! haha ...and missed the boat with Brent, Dan, and Christian the last few rounds.

Hmm.
I few things that come to mind for my reasons...
-bridge the social learning gap that often comes from interacting with other people
-help and encourage one another; using social sonar to bounce ideas off of one another.
-pooling resources, observations, and opportunities
-drawing from your own experiences and paths.
-encourage with responsibility. I've heard that one of the best ways to learn is to teach, which I'm interested in eventually, so I'd like to learn from your experience up close. Plus, I'm down to be a guinea pig! ^_^
-learning to communicate clearly in a visual medium for an intended purpose.
-your art speaks for itself of a level that I recognize I'm not at. I think part having any level of progress is being able to be teachable/willing to learn.
-having someone critique my work would be AMAZING. I know there's basics I miss in almost every drawing I do and would love a spotter to steer me.
-hanging out and having a BLAST! XD

I also think being tied into a group/environment with other people has a level of social responsibility that being on your own doesn't have. One of the biggest parts of getting better at a skill is of course constant repetition and pushing in those areas that are uncomfortable.
I've noticed most of the groups on the forums fall apart without some sort of driving force/direction/guiding-hand. Its been sort of funny to watch these mentorships crop-up because most people don't feel qualified to teach, but simultaneous most of the people that have had someone help them are the ones that are still here. Being in a healthy tight-knit-group supercharges your progress!
A lot of people that are still here/engaging are the ones who are in constant repetition and getting better because of it; correlative, but not per-say the only path to victory, which is why I'm curious what ideas and concepts you've come across. ;D
Either way! Don't want to miss the boat with this one, so I'll drop my name in the hat all the same!

I think this worked?
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1qubAqfCqtF
my links for sketchpad and blog are below...

Messages In This Thread
RE: ImSkeptical wants to help you become skeptical! And with art things too... - by Heliux - 05-20-2014, 04:19 PM