Metabi's Sketchbook
Hello, this is my first post on this account though not my first time around Crimson Daggers. My old account is here

I'm displayed on the livestream app when streaming and you can also find me on Deviant Art at http://metatabi.deviantart.com

I've decided to migrate accounts in order to change usernames and in order to get a fresh new start and motivation to keep my sketchbook constantly updated from the beginning.

I plan on updating this sketchbook every Tuesday with finished works and the week's sketch/WIP highlights - so if Tuesday comes around and there's no updates you have every right to complain to me about it :p

[Image: wBqkYpu.jpg]

Downloaded inkscape -a free vectoring software - and decided to experiment around with it by and make self-portraits. The first version is flat-colored, the second is colored with inkscape's features, and the third has added textures in photoshop. I'm also showcasing here the "beta" version of my logo. I'll probably have to vectorize it soon but enjoy how it's looking so far.

[Image: 1VMTRCC.jpg]

My sense of time is not the best but I believe it was 1 or 2 weeks ago I was going through a creative block and saw Wolkenfels doing studies for his bloodsports entry about Snow White and Rose Red and came up with designs for the same story (hope you don't mind I went with my own version of the idea, I can take these down if you so wish). The rose and the snowflake are patterns for the lace in the jackets in order to play along with the characters' names. The main point here was more about showing a concept than about execution.

And here for this week's sketch highlights!!

[Image: vGrc9tn.jpg]
This one is a sketch inspired by Alphonse Mucha's style done around 1-2 months ago but I'm currently making a digital painting of it. You can see some shots of the painting process here .

[Image: 6uZeM8o.jpg]
A pin-up I did from imagination the other day.

[Image: 01GwbSW.jpg]
A more stylized sketch I'm linearting, first time I do something as stylized as this and also first time doing clean lineart on the computer and drawing a rifle, though I'm going to need references for the rifle.

[Image: R7SAzod.jpg]
Ninjas about to attack a village? Don't really have a story for this one but really liking the sketch and might come around to make it into an illustration, also experimenting with replicating the stylization on the previous image. Don't know if I'll keep this style but for now it sure is fun experimenting with it.

Messages In This Thread
Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 05-21-2014, 03:01 PM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by missimoinsane - 05-24-2014, 04:14 PM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 05-30-2014, 05:18 AM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 06-04-2014, 06:41 PM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 06-11-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 06-18-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 06-30-2014, 01:38 PM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 08-14-2014, 01:36 PM