Teach me and I'll teach you!
I'm an old-school artist trying to figure out this digital art stuff. If you're willing to show me some photoshop basics like working with layers, masks, and other advanced stuff I'll teach you everything you need to know about artistic anatomy and other art fundamentals. This is a real offer and I finally have the time to do this.

Normally I'm pretty shy about offering my mentorship skills to people on C&D because I don't have those digital art skills I want so bad--I think I'm just intimidated by the software--and I'm not sure how I could help the more advanced photoshop users out there if I don't know all there is to know about the software.

My art background has primarily focused on artistic anatomy, drawn animation, illustration, storyboard art, and the basic art fundamentals like composition and design. I'm 43 and I've been doing art for more than 30 years and I'm willing to work with 1....maybe 2 people via skype through mostly instant messaging.

I have a really spotty isp where I live in Oregon so video or voice chatting probably won't work very well. It's a satellite connection and when it works it's amazingly fast but when it slows down it comes to a grinding halt sometimes.

If you can show me how to use zbrush that's a plus but what I really want to learn is photoshop from an advanced user. You can expect to get a traditional art education from me with a focus on artistic anatomy and illustration skills. My schedule is flexible at the moment so most any schedule will work for me even if you're on the east coast.

Messages In This Thread
Teach me and I'll teach you! - by Eric - 06-04-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: Teach me and I'll teach you! - by Eric - 06-12-2014, 02:29 PM
RE: Teach me and I'll teach you! - by nufftalon - 07-17-2014, 03:20 AM
RE: Teach me and I'll teach you! - by Eric - 08-08-2014, 02:41 PM
RE: Teach me and I'll teach you! - by Eric - 08-20-2014, 10:46 AM