How do you ask people to model?
This is helpful at all, but I always found it hilarious. James Gurney wrote about a time where he went to a farm to draw the animals, but could only have time to draw the heads. After he was done, he went to a bar, where he noticed the bodies of the people lined up just right to the animal heads in his sketchbook. Unable to resist, he drew them in. One woman noticed him and told her husband to go check it out, and Gurney was mortified. He was terrified the man would get upset, but upon see his body with the head of a rooster, simply stood there for moments and eventually left. After he say back down, Gurney noticed he didn't drink a single bit of beer for the rest of the evening.

ANYWAY, I think Beardley's advice is solid. Just be polite and I think a lot of people would be pleased to pose for you. If not, just brush it off. Or if you don't want to ask strangers, asking your family might be easier. Especially teens, just ask then to sit still while they sit on their phones and you'll be perfect. :P

Messages In This Thread
How do you ask people to model? - by Tygerson - 07-19-2014, 11:32 AM
RE: How do you ask people to model? - by ZombieChinchilla - 07-19-2014, 03:14 PM
RE: How do you ask people to model? - by meat - 08-03-2014, 12:24 PM