|| Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system
Well, had a couple of complicated days, the power switched off in my town ( advantages of living in the middle of nowhere) and thus I lost an entire night of studies cause candles aren't great to light up your drawing pad.

Anyway, I decided to keep focusing on color studies because I've never done them before and thought that I might learn something from them. and I feel I have learned a few things, curiously, about values and also about how saturation works and shit, so I'm gonna keep it up. I've also experimented wuite a bit trying to understand how to produce nice drawings and focusing on why and how line-values work and in which combos.

I have a few doubts and maybe someone can clarify them for me so I'll drop them here:

- When doing color studies, is color picking at the begining a good idea for a starter? I've been doing it with these but I'm not sure if it's more helpfull to try by eye.

-Is it a good idea to try and do some paintings from imagination after the studies? Or is it better to focus on keeping it up until you understand it better?

I played with the levels after the fact in the firs one and on the other two I played with the levels in the ref and then just painted it with no tweaking whatsoever.
[Image: colorstudylvls002.jpg]
[Image: colorstudylvls.jpg]
[Image: colorstudy003.jpg]

Tried a movie still from dexter with hard brush , freaking hard as hell.
[Image: moviestillstudy.jpg]

A shity sample of what I'm doing with drawing experiments, nothing more than this cause they're mostly this ugly and they're more intended for personal understanding than anything else.
[Image: brainfart006.jpg]

SB

Messages In This Thread
RE: || Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system - by Suira - 07-26-2014, 08:40 PM