Nate's Sketchbook
Hey man! Wellcome! Nice to see you're cracking up the studies, keep those up, they always pay off. As a little advice for the studies I'd suggest you focus on doing it in a way that's easy for you to memorize and try to find a method that works for you, doesn't have to be strictly what you see from Loomis or tutorials or whatever, whatever works for you, that's what will help you the most.

I did a really quick tracing of your ref and adapted it to your painting. This is really a good exercise when you're done with a painting, trace the reference in a new layer, and put it over the painting, that way it's really easy to see where you went wrong.

[Image: crit.jpg]

The best advice I can give is: focus on nailing down the proportions and the structure the best you can before comiting to the painting, you don't necessarily have to draw, you can do it with painting by using basic landmarks. But if you don't have it as accurate as you can before you dive into rendering, you might realise they're wrong at a later stage and will be forced to whipe out all of the hard work you did in rendering.

Anyway man, good start, keep it up! ;)

SB

Messages In This Thread
Nate's Sketchbook - by Flakari - 07-22-2014, 11:34 AM
RE: Nate's Sketchbook - by Patrick Gaumond - 07-22-2014, 12:30 PM
RE: Nate's Sketchbook - by Flakari - 07-30-2014, 04:05 AM
RE: Nate's Sketchbook - by Flakari - 08-04-2014, 06:27 AM
RE: Nate's Sketchbook - by JyonnyNovice - 08-04-2014, 09:52 AM
RE: Nate's Sketchbook - by Suira - 08-04-2014, 10:18 AM
RE: Nate's Sketchbook - by Flakari - 08-10-2014, 07:02 AM
RE: Nate's Sketchbook - by Flakari - 05-26-2015, 02:28 PM