Nate's Sketchbook
@JyonnyNovice: Thanks man, glad to be here! I could go on and on with what's gone on in my life with different schools and jobs and all sorts of wackyness, but I'll save everyone from that. I had the painting reference in its own window in PS. It might've helped the initial blocking and measurements if I had the painting directly on the side of the ref, I'll do that next time.

@Suira: Thanks for the tip, I didn't know quite how far off my proportions are, I'll make sure to really pay attention to them.

So, originally, I wanted to post on Tuesday and get a more consistent update schedule going, but over the past few days, there was a ton of construction work to the inside of my house, I had to assist, leaving no time to do anything. But it's all done and I'm back to it.

First are some more reference portrait studies, then a 2.5-3 hour self-portrait with pencil that I liked while working on it, but whenever I took a progress shot, immediately hated it. Lastly are some studies from the last part of the head section in the Michael Hampton book.

I tried to draw a few head drawings from imagination, but I still have some work to do on those. I'll post them next time.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketchbook: Nate's Sketchbook

Messages In This Thread
Nate's Sketchbook - by Flakari - 07-22-2014, 11:34 AM
RE: Nate's Sketchbook - by Patrick Gaumond - 07-22-2014, 12:30 PM
RE: Nate's Sketchbook - by Flakari - 07-30-2014, 04:05 AM
RE: Nate's Sketchbook - by Flakari - 08-04-2014, 06:27 AM
RE: Nate's Sketchbook - by JyonnyNovice - 08-04-2014, 09:52 AM
RE: Nate's Sketchbook - by Suira - 08-04-2014, 10:18 AM
RE: Nate's Sketchbook - by Flakari - 08-10-2014, 07:02 AM
RE: Nate's Sketchbook - by Flakari - 05-26-2015, 02:28 PM