Sketchbook de Charles
Your best tip would indeed be drawing from life, and after a model, or set-up stuff.. I strongly suggest to go to any kind of drawing teacher or study group. It's way more easier to make progress with nailed-in fundamentals, than jumping in without them and un-learning your false innervations and re-learning proper fundamentals, believe me, I've been there :)
Also, with starting little or more simple things, you will be able to gain momentum from tiny successes!
Ctrlpaint does have shitloads of useful stuff, and awesomely explain the basic stuff.
If you have problems with studies, keep one thing in mind: the purpose of a study is to LEARN somerthing, eg. if you like the value variations of a painting, do a study with that thing in mind, and try to show that from the piece - don't just mindlessly copy!
Another example: if you like a pose of a character, just extract the pose with a simple line-drawing - don't get into values, color, etc.
It's also a good tip to do a schedule for yourself, like x hours of study everyday, x hours of own ideas etc. Also keep it easy to follow - start easy and progress with small steps. And most importantly: KEEP AT IT even if you are feeling down, feel unmotivated.. as the saying goes, 80% of success is just being there :)

Messages In This Thread
Sketchbook de Charles - by chajaja0714 - 08-02-2014, 09:26 PM
RE: Sketchbook de Charles - by chajaja0714 - 08-03-2014, 04:04 PM
RE: Sketchbook de Charles - by darktiste - 08-07-2014, 12:01 AM
RE: Sketchbook de Charles - by chajaja0714 - 08-07-2014, 09:24 PM
RE: Sketchbook de Charles - by darktiste - 08-08-2014, 01:19 PM
RE: Sketchbook de Charles - by Kaffer - 08-08-2014, 09:19 PM