CRIMSON CHOW #2 - Modern Wizard WIP
Woo, so happy to be joining this CHOW. Seems like there is going to be a lot of people participating!

Fedodika, I like the idea you are going with but you shouldn't be in a hurry and actually take your time, even more so if your fundamentals aren't yet very strong. I can see it is a sketch but consider this and learn as much as you can while you work :)

Suira and Craig, looks like you guys will have to battle 1 on 1. hehe

rafa, as always loving your lines. Thanks for reminding me that the fac of the character is as important as anything else. Cool expressions.

Adrian, before you go any further take some time to check the anatomy and do some studies. For example, the left leg is too long (and looks a bit wonky around the ankle) and try not to guess the folds in the torso because they actually follow the muscle anatomy (its like the path of least resistance for fat to fold through ahah). Otherwise I like the street contortionism/break dance thing.

greatdictator, this is probably the most realist use of magical power nowadays ahah. I think you should resolve the perspective before you go any further, it will help you immensely. Be careful with the colors and using black in the shadows instead of color, work that tridimensionally. Take a good looks at Mike Azevedo's work if you haven't already and look how he paints his "cartoon" characters.

Explored the idea a bit today, not sure yet in which direction I will take this... Heavily influenced by some urban fashion photos.

[Image: SlWckJP.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
CRIMSON CHOW #2 - Modern Wizard WIP - by pnate - 09-07-2014, 08:46 PM
RE: CRIMSON CHOW #2 - Modern Wizard WIP - by bemota - 09-09-2014, 07:25 AM
RE: CRIMSON CHOW #2 - Modern Wizard WIP - by Jaik - 09-16-2014, 07:16 PM
RE: CRIMSON CHOW #2 - Modern Wizard WIP - by meat - 09-18-2014, 04:05 AM
RE: CRIMSON CHOW #2 - Modern Wizard WIP - by Jaik - 09-19-2014, 08:29 PM