Hamster Warrior, seeking critique
(10-29-2014, 04:43 AM)insollence Wrote: Cool video ! I had already watched it haha, I get it now, well at least I'm more aware of the light source now, thanks a lot ! No not really xD I'm really new to light and light sources and I completely forgot to double check, it was a long night and might have not even noticed it haha, what if for example I wanted to have 2 light sources ? does it mean that I could show more detail or I can still have much detail with 1 light source ?

Thanks a lot man !

well, it depends on where you put this second light source, in your piece you had an intense rim light, that means there's another light source behind the character, add all of that and bounce light (for instance if your character is in a white room, light will come out of the source, hit the white surface and then your character again, making him well lit) then you can have a lot of detail, yeah. Try checking out other people's painting, and see if you can tell where the light source is, i mean, that's probably what you should study.

Now if you want for instance 2 suns, 2 torches or something like that, you'll achieve something similar to the soccer match effect, where you cast shadows for each light source:

http://fifasoccerblog.com/files/2012/07/...03_WM1.jpg

That may seem like some Twilight Zone thing at first, try to wrap you head around how light and shadows work properly, stay simple if you are just starting, 1 light source and bounce light is fine.

I hope i helped you out man! Thumbs_up

Messages In This Thread
Hamster Warrior, seeking critique - by insollence - 10-28-2014, 08:19 PM
RE: Hamster Warrior, seeking critique - by Gabriel-H - 10-29-2014, 11:45 AM