Sea creature concept
Hi all! I'm trying to design a sea creature concept. It's about 6 feet, regular shark size, but uses poisonous sting on tail and non-poisonous stings on end of biggest limb/fin as defense. So far I'm getting my ass whipped already at the "color 8 variations of thumbnail" stage. As you can see I crashed and burned at Thumb 4 the Skittle Disaster. I also have no idea how a creature concept page should look like, it seems to be all sort of formats from what I've seen. I'm also not that great at painting digitally, but I did learn the trick of Clipping Mask and Lock Pixel to keep things semi-clean.

Any crit on just about anything here (design, painting method, etc.) will be really appreciated!

I also lost the original PSD by flattening, reducing size, and saving over the whole thing, so any feedback I'll be incorporating them in a complete re-paint of new file (I don't even have the line art anymore, just a pencil thumb on paper). Not sure if that changes anything other than time-to-be-spent on my end?

Mucho gracias! Merci beaucoup! Meer Danke!

Focus.

Messages In This Thread
Sea creature concept - by meat - 11-01-2014, 03:58 AM
RE: Sea creature concept - by StardustLarva - 11-01-2014, 05:12 AM
RE: Sea creature concept - by JonHop - 11-01-2014, 10:45 AM
RE: Sea creature concept - by meat - 11-01-2014, 01:39 PM
RE: Sea creature concept - by Patrick Gaumond - 11-02-2014, 12:23 AM
RE: Sea creature concept - by meat - 11-02-2014, 01:33 PM
RE: Sea creature concept - by Patrick Gaumond - 11-04-2014, 12:00 AM