Digital Study for a Painting (NSFW)
(12-01-2014, 12:19 AM)Amit Dutta Wrote: hey Anisia, I like the start. I played around with your painting a bit. Not really a paintover fixing anything, since you don't have much of a painting there yet, but maybe it will be useful.

I did do one thing which was tweak her head position and his arm, to make it seem like he was holding the back of her head and pulling down and she was a bit defiant. I don't know if this is what you were going for, but since she is skewering him, I figured it wasn't a friendly encounter. I also moved his arm and tweaked their whole angle, but these weren't to fix anything really, maybe just to help the narrative.

Amit! That's really brilliant! You've really helped me answer the question of lighting because man that really had me stumped. I like how you interpreted the scenario, though you're right by saying it isn't exactly what I was going for. For example, the guy's holding flowers in his left hand, not a sword. ;)

This is so helpful though, really! Thank you! I wish I had considered my composition better after seeing yours because now I'm limited by my canvas size (and the regrettable parts I started painting without forethought).

I'm working on the study right this moment (good thing I checked the forums) and should have something closer to the final posted up soon. I have to be painting this in class tomorrow afternoon and I want to try to look like I know what I'm doing this time. Rolling eyes, funny thought

Thanks again! This is so great!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital Study for a Painting (NSFW) - by Anisia Villamejor - 12-01-2014, 02:53 AM