Is beeing cheap an advantage? Yay or nay and thoughts...
Thanks. I feel flattered that you took the time for such a long critique, if I can call it that.

I find myself agreeing with most of what you said.
The main problems I find in me are that I don't take my time to fully render a piece(I get bored rather quickly) and that my productivity is maximal when I'm taking some boring architecture class.(meaning the lack of possibilities for other activities makes my focus on drawing)
I almost never use reference(in figure drawing) and despite everyone saying that it is very important for improvement I still don't feel comfortable, so I'll stick to brain visualization for now.
I really want to find more time for drawing landscapes when it comes to life drawings.Those I like.

I find that now that I'm comfortable drawing standard figures I'm slowly expanding my visualization for different poses and different body types.
I find myself to be in a point that you're comfortable enough and you are able to see yourself progress very fast.(I should probably update my sketchbook:).)

Anyways I got to say that the xenomorph piece is more like a happy accident, and thus not worrying too much made the lines feel more natural maybe.

Thank you again.I hope that someday I too will get a comment from Feng Zhu :P

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is beeing cheap an advantage? Yay or nay and thoughts... - by Gjergji - 12-07-2014, 05:38 AM