Where do I go from here?
I think Patrick pretty much said it all but I also have lived your fear, so maybe I can add some small insight?

I myself had interest in doing all of the following in some way throughout my creative career: writing, illustration, music production, 3d, making movies, comics, coding.

In fact you do have a very valid concern, because having a plethora of opportunity and interest can hamstring you quite easily if you let it. I did almost nothing out of choice paralysis for almost 10 years because I thought I had to focus and I couldn't because of all the competing interests.
When I did eventually focus for 3 years on one thing, it was on illustration. So I knew I could do it. What I've realised recently though is that some of those other things are coming to the fore once again. This time I will just explore what comes up and see where they take me, except it won't be just randomly at will, but with some measure of prioritization and insight, exactly as Patrick said. There is nothing to say you can't daisy chain your interests together a few years at a time, or intertwine them in project work in some way.

Instead of getting overwhelmed with the gargantuan task of trying to do all at once, take a moment every day and learn how to listen to yourself, I mean really listen to your gut. I use meditation and it helps immeasurably in all aspects of my life. It is the single practice I have adopted that has had a huge impact on my day to day and outlook on life. Our thoughts mostly just get in the way of realising our actual nature by playing on fear and worry and all manners of distraction, so dialing that stuff down can actually help you. It is not very often that I have been able to "think" my way out of a problem better than just pausing and listening to my own instinct about what I needed without the thinking. It has taken me decades to realise this.

Once you've asked yourself deep down, and listened (not thought, but listened) go with what feels right. The flittering multiple interests I think is as much a stress reaction for when you don't feel like you have a direction or plan, as it is actual interest in the thing .

I believe we all know the right direction for ourselves, but we don't always know how to listen, nor allow ourselves the courage to pursue it.
Oh yeah, and fear....start trying to knock that shit out of your life. It is debilitating and pointless, yet we seem to encourage and entertain such thoughts. Don't.

If you have a go and come back with what your gut is telling you about your direction, NOT your brain, then maybe we can help you more specifically on the way.
Welcome to the journey mate, good to have ya on board! :)

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
Where do I go from here? - by inkdulcet - 12-07-2014, 04:39 PM
RE: Where do I go from here? - by Patrick Gaumond - 12-08-2014, 12:24 AM
RE: Where do I go from here? - by inkdulcet - 12-08-2014, 02:46 PM
RE: Where do I go from here? - by hadee41 - 12-08-2014, 04:10 PM
RE: Where do I go from here? - by Amit Dutta - 12-08-2014, 04:43 PM
RE: Where do I go from here? - by Farvus - 12-26-2014, 09:50 PM