Lost Patience
Earlier tonight I was showing my previous deviantart drawings to my sister, and as I looked through them, I realized that some of the ones I did years ago were way better (quality wise) than some of the ones I'm doing now. Those drawings were in colored pencil! And I was just beginning to crack color theory with them. Do you know how much patience it requires to use those little bastards?! A LOT.

Then I look at the work I'm doing now and I wonder, what the hell happened here?!
Almost all of it's in black and white. I just dash off something on a piece of paper and call it a day. It feels like I lost a lot of the patience and soul that goes into making a quality piece and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get that back.

This is my best piece from just 2 years ago. I think it took a week or two, and required all I knew about composition, perspective and color theory at the same time. It was painstaking work, but result was WAY worth it.
[Image: fish_hunter_by_saigonakisage-d5fu00r.jpg]

This is one of my favorites from now:
[Image: gs_preliminaries__1__nope__by_saigonakisage-d7ze2w6.jpg]

I don't feel like this piece is that bad but it didn't take a lot of patience only took a day and I feel that if I put a lot more effort into it, that picture could easily outshine the top one, but that's just my opinion. What can I do to increase my patience when drawing drawing. Because now it seems I just whip something up as fast as I can just to get the kudos and attention. Whereas before, it was about the same thing, but at least I was testing my own limits and having fun seeing the results. There was a lot more...sincerity and effort to back it up. Do any of feel the same way, how can I change this?

Messages In This Thread
Lost Patience - by Comicsink - 12-13-2014, 04:03 PM
RE: Lost Patience - by Chris P - 12-13-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: Lost Patience - by Comicsink - 12-14-2014, 02:07 AM
RE: Lost Patience - by Amit Dutta - 12-14-2014, 06:56 AM
RE: Lost Patience - by Comicsink - 12-14-2014, 02:15 PM
RE: Lost Patience - by Amit Dutta - 12-15-2014, 04:05 AM
RE: Lost Patience - by Comicsink - 12-16-2014, 11:29 AM
RE: Lost Patience - by Amit Dutta - 12-16-2014, 06:51 PM