Frustrated and some questios.
Sharing some frustration.Skip to the end for the questions.

I'm studying architecture and I'm in my 4th year.

I'm doing terrible at it and I can't stand it.There has been this question in my mind that has been going on for years that is should I pursue art or architecture and the obvious answer for me was that I pursue both 'till I get my architecture degree and then if my art skills would have improved enough I should try freelancing.
But I find myself procrastinating a lot about university and it keeps me from drawing because I feel guilty drawing when I should be studying, more so because of my father, who is paying for everything and it makes me that much more guilty.
The more time passes the more I realize I can't live without having a somewhat fulfilling job as an artist.
I feel as I should quit university but I'm in too far to turn back now.
I'm 22 and I need to find part time job as an artist but still I keep thinking I should ave some better pieces of work before I start to make a name for myself and contact potential clients.
I aim to be and Illustrator and Character designer.
What seems to make it worse is that I think since live in a poor country and could live with just 300$ a moth it should be easier for me to make a living out of my art.
So i spent my days not doing much fearing to do anything and feeling I'm not advancing much in any direction and the guilt is ever growing.

I know you may not be in any position to give advice but please share your thoughts.

I also feel like I don't have a clear understanding of my artistic skills, how good am I? What should I do?

http://gjergjiart.carbonmade.com/
Would you kindly take a look at my portfolio and tell me what you think?
Is there a piece or pieces I should definitely get rid of?
A lot of them are unfinished and I want to make another category with character concepts before i try to apply for a job.

I've read a lot about freelancing but still, given the quality of art I showcase what do you think are some good places to apply?

thanks for your time guys.

Messages In This Thread
Frustrated and some questios. - by Gjergji - 03-10-2015, 04:32 AM
RE: Frustrated and some questios. - by Adam Lina - 03-10-2015, 01:00 PM
RE: Frustrated and some questios. - by Gjergji - 03-12-2015, 12:03 AM
RE: Frustrated and some questios. - by Adam Lina - 03-12-2015, 02:46 AM
RE: Frustrated and some questios. - by Farvus - 03-15-2015, 08:48 PM
RE: Frustrated and some questios. - by Amit Dutta - 03-17-2015, 06:45 AM
RE: Frustrated and some questios. - by Gjergji - 06-13-2015, 05:53 AM
RE: Frustrated and some questios. - by KurtJeremy - 06-13-2015, 07:29 PM