Creature designs and presentation
Hey meat,

Mariyan-Hristov makes some good points man and I agree with him.

A couple of small points I would mention too mate are your textures and anatomy. It looks a tad clumsy in places, mainly around the front leg of the lizard dude and the legs of the giant bird. Plenty of anatomy studies and this should be fine mate ;)

Also, your textures are awesome dude, so much attention and detail gone into them which is great! Though in this case I think in areas their working against you. By putting textures all over, it's making the design read as flat and its difficult to focus on focal points. In nature we don't see stuff like this so it looks unnatural. We focus on things and then the stuff in our peripheral (around the edges of our vision) is blurry. That's why sometimes photos can be misleading. Try and keep all the nice textures your so good at in key areas, like focal points and in areas where to light is hitting. If you've ever seen Brent's work he's a bit of a boss at this so I've dropped an image of his here as an example. A lot of the darker and non focal areas are kept pretty simple with just slight implied textures.

On a final note, ive just touched up that shadow a bit dude, just to ground him more and pulled him away from the edge. He looks like he's abouts to just walk off the canvas, the chicken dude's the same. I know it's a design sheet so comp isn't as important but it's always important to make your designs as appealing and desirable as possible so these little details all add up :p

Hope that helps man, in general their pretty sweet designs, like I said I love your textures. Keep it up mate

Messages In This Thread
Creature designs and presentation - by meat - 05-20-2015, 02:53 PM
RE: Creature designs and presentation - by Warburton - 08-10-2015, 06:37 AM
RE: Creature designs and presentation - by meat - 09-04-2015, 02:08 AM
RE: Creature designs and presentation - by meat - 09-08-2015, 09:33 AM