Poll: Bring back the "like" button on the forums?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, bring back the "like" button.
47.62%
10 47.62%
No, don't bring back the "like" button.
52.38%
11 52.38%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Bring back the "like" button on the forums?
Yep y'all know my view about it.

We're trying to get this community pumping again, however I don't feel it'll reach its potential adding the like button back. Writing a comment means so much more than just pressing a button -although yes, I can understand where you guys are coming from with the "lack of time" issues and thus ease of access having the button is. But in the end, anything that takes a bit of time and effort is worthwhile. I feel liking stuff has always been a "can't be bothered writing a comment" or "if I like this, they'll come to my sketchbook" - there's no real love with the button.

Not gonna lie, I abused it when I had it, but honestly, I noticed in the end that I went from serial commenter to hit and run liker. The thing is, when I was commenting, I really took the time to go through sketchbooks. If I hadn't been there before I'd start from the beginning ~ and yes it was time consuming, but I'd just continue viewing in lunch breaks, when I stretch for 5mins etc, - then when it comes to their recent work, I feel like I know them and so commenting is like nothing and I know whtto say.

But anyway, enough rambling, all I'm sayin' is if the like button comes back, imo commenting and being more involved in the community will decrease. Unless y'all can prove me wrong, in which case - please do!

Speaking from someone who fckin loves the daggers,
Former and present active memberina,

- smrr

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring back the "like" button on the forums? - by smrr - 06-21-2015, 08:28 AM