seeking critique
From what I can see, you have a definite character and have thought about clothing design a bit, but I think you really need to start paying attention to fundamentals in your drawings. I don't know your background or your age, but if you are serious about making your artwork better, then I think you have to start doing quite a lot of study,to address these fundamentals.

The fundamentals you will need to focus more on as a character designer is basic form, perspective, anatomy and figure construction. Eventually you will have to encorporate colour theory and design. but first things first. you have to work on your drawing skills. Draw things from observation, do gesture studies and figure studies, begin to learn anatomy and start to learn how light and shadow are used to depict form. Go to life drawing classes. Start to learn perspective theory and practice it. There are many things and many resources you can use to help you on your journey.

Sorry if that might seem harsh and was more than you were looking for, but this forum is all about supporting artists in their learning journey, so I wouldn't be doing you a favour by not telling you the truth. Do you have a sketchbook on the forum? Do you do any studies with your drawing or just draw for fun? If not I recommend you start a sketchbook here on the daggers, and start posting your work and get comments and critque from the other users. Have a look at what others are doing in their sketchbooks to get an idea of what you can get started on.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me or anyone for help along the way. I hope that helps.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
seeking critique - by SkippySpaceman - 07-20-2015, 08:00 AM
RE: seeking critique - by Ashlon - 07-22-2015, 07:31 AM
RE: seeking critique - by Punk-A-Cat - 07-22-2015, 07:49 AM
RE: seeking critique - by dodeqaa - 07-22-2015, 12:57 PM
RE: seeking critique - by SkippySpaceman - 07-22-2015, 03:49 PM
RE: seeking critique - by Amit Dutta - 07-22-2015, 09:23 PM
RE: seeking critique - by Amit Dutta - 07-22-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: seeking critique - by dodeqaa - 07-23-2015, 01:06 AM