Finished work vs practise?
Hi Punk,

You've received some good advice here, I would like to just add something, I can see you said you've already started doing what you enjoy, keep doing that, people will see in the piece that you enjoyed doing it. I also want to mention that very fact you are beginning to see all the mistakes shows vast improvement in your eye (ability to see incorrect proportions etc), that may not have shown itself so much yet in your work but you are building a foundation where all the other skills will be built on top, no-one puts the roof on a house first ;).

I've had a quick look at your deviantart and sketchbook and one thing I noticed is that your values tend to be very similar, your last watercolour painting is very nice but I believe an exercise that will help you is to make a piece where you intentionally experiment try another layer where you add in darker value and hue shifts etc these things may be seen as 'mistakes' but you will begin to learn very fast from doing this type of thing, don't be afraid to 'ruin' a piece, and most importantly have fun with it!

Hope that helps :).

Messages In This Thread
Finished work vs practise? - by Punk-A-Cat - 08-29-2015, 09:59 AM
RE: Finished work vs practise? - by vlada - 08-29-2015, 10:19 AM
RE: Finished work vs practise? - by VoodooMama - 08-29-2015, 10:57 AM
RE: Finished work vs practise? - by Punk-A-Cat - 08-31-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: Finished work vs practise? - by Punk-A-Cat - 09-23-2015, 09:04 AM
RE: Finished work vs practise? - by JonHop - 09-23-2015, 11:59 PM
RE: Finished work vs practise? - by Punk-A-Cat - 09-24-2015, 06:36 AM