Sites to LOOK FOR FREELANCE at?
The reality of entry level freelance work is places where the USD == lots more in their currency and they can work for peanuts will undercut the money you get. The kind of stuff that goes on on dA goes on /everywhere/ there is freelance work up for bidding on.
I've been looking at Upwork www.upwork.com it's pretty much the same as anywhere else, people want time consuming work done for peanuts money. The trick with freelance work is to figure out what you need to be paid an hour to survive, and know how long it takes you to produce a particular kind of illustration, then look for jobs which will fall into that time vs money range. You might find some $50 jobs, and if you can do them within two hours - $25 an hour is a heck of a lot better starting rate than minimum wage.

Basically, try and be realistic, as entry level freelancer, you can always increase your prices as your skills improve and people start seeking you out, but to start with, you might have to lower your expectations down a little, while at the same time being sure you are being paid a living wage.

I'm no where near ready to freelance seriously with art, but I've done it before within the web design business and managed to do quite nicely /before/ the cut price whole website for $20 rubbish came along.

Messages In This Thread
Sites to LOOK FOR FREELANCE at? - by Jeso - 09-17-2015, 07:09 AM
RE: Sites to LOOK FOR FREELANCE at? - by Punk-A-Cat - 09-17-2015, 07:28 AM
RE: Sites to LOOK FOR FREELANCE at? - by Jeso - 09-17-2015, 07:43 AM
RE: Sites to LOOK FOR FREELANCE at? - by Jeso - 09-27-2015, 01:23 AM