[/R/ CRITIQUE] OLIVEIRA'S SKETCHBOOK [JUST DO IT]
Hey there, Kaio!

Welcome to the Daggers man <3

Ohhh snap, you came from /ic/ huh? I feel the same way about what you said. Shitty place, but you learn quite a bit and build a thick skin from it. I used to browse + post on that board before I started here as well. Got the shit ripped outta me lmao

My thoughts on your work - holy shit, I wish I understood the importance of perspective and line work and shape design as much as you do when I started out. The second I saw those animal sketches, I was like, dammit lol
You're young af, so keep up with that mindset! Considering everything is grounded in perspective, you'll be able to draw anything, just like KJG.

Your value studies will improve over time. Something that helped me out was drawing and rendering objects irl with a pencil. Though, you can do that using your tablet if you only work digitally.
Blending the values seems to be a weak point of yours - this will get better over time as well. My advice: make the brushstroke count. Don't noodle around. Try to get the colour/value as correct as you can before you lay it energetically on the canvas. Then blend later <3

Also, lmao @ that SP. Lucky you're of legal age @_@ ? HAHA

Anyway, keep it up man! I expect a lot from you!

P.s. it's pretty hard to break the rules here: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-2.html
Have a great one o/

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all

Messages In This Thread
RE: [/R/ CRITIQUE] OLIVEIRA'S SKETCHBOOK [JUST DO IT] - by smrr - 10-27-2015, 09:03 AM