How to start practice art?
When you start drawing (and maybe later as well, I'm not that far yet) there are a lot of areas you need to improve before you can make a drawing or painting that looks decent. Anatomy, colour, light, composition, perspective and so on. And you need most of them to make one painting look good. This can be quite demotivating, at least for me, that if the sketch looks good and you start painting that it is totally off again. Or that the painting is good, but that you discover the sketch if off.

Besides this, there always are new subjects and areas to study. For example, at the moment I'm focusing on portraits and getting the anatomy right. But to make a finished portrait, you also need background element or you need to learn how to paint some kind of jewelry or other things. In order words, there are a million of things you have the feeling you don't know and need to learn.

So how do/did you deal with this? Did you study all the subject one at the time or at the same time? How do you stay motivated if final paintings don't work out the way you wanted? And how do you deal with the feeling that there are so many things you still need to learn?

For me, I'm just trying to focus on portraits and the anatomy and painting with water colours. Sometimes I add a bit of background or part of the body, but that is more for fun and studying that part comes later when I'm satisfied with my portrait skills.

What are your thoughts :)?

Messages In This Thread
How to start practice art? - by Eyliana - 11-13-2015, 07:08 PM
RE: How to start practice art? - by Olooriel - 11-13-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: How to start practice art? - by Sloane - 12-06-2015, 01:48 AM
RE: How to start practice art? - by Bookend - 12-07-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: How to start practice art? - by Eyliana - 12-09-2015, 12:24 AM
RE: How to start practice art? - by KurtJeremy - 12-09-2015, 02:34 AM