Whoring my Zhang Lu study around to catch as many crits as I can
[Image: h2VZCEO.png]

Steps:

1. line art, trying to get my observational skills down pat, and trying to do the thing where I both construct a correct head and pay attention to shapes. I failed in both regards.

2. Doing value allowed me to do more nuanced corrections and see smaller shapes, but the overall big shapes still completely eluded me, including the overall angle/proportion of the head.

3. I traced over my grey scale with red lines for ref and yellow lines for mine and made corrections to the proportions/angles/shapes.

So mainly, I'm having trouble with getting a nuanced and accurate line drawing, and juggling construction and observing shape. Critique on these things (plus whatever else, since I don't know what I don't know) is highly appreciated.

Some have said that I've already pointed out the problem, but if I know what the problem is then I wouldn't still be making these mistakes. There might be a dude out there who knows something I don't know. If you're that dude, please help

Here is a more recent iteration based on Bargue's methods

[Image: eqrNxkw.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Whoring my Zhang Lu study around to catch as many crits as I can - by Beeston - 11-18-2015, 03:49 AM