Wasteland
(01-24-2016, 09:19 PM)xelfereht Wrote: Hey, It's a nice piece rendering wise but it doesn't feel too interesting as far as narrative. If they're moving through the water you might see some ripples which would give a sense of movement and might make it more interesting. You could think of many reasons why these guys are in this place, maybe if you add some details to suggest what they are doing? I see guns, maybe you could add something in the image to suggest why they need the guns. it's nicely painted, there is just not much making me want to look at it for more than a few seconds which may be where the lack of response comes in.
I think you could improve it allot with a little more suggestion of story. Well done thus far!

thanks a lot, you may well be right.
 It was an atmospheric environment piece  I made for the final assignment of the environment design course on schoolism. 
So I guessed I focused a lot on the location and less on the narrative. I think I'll come back to it later, and try to think to some narrative clues to add here and there.
My thinking is if it was "beautiful enough", people should have reacted to it somehow, I guess I fell in the grey zone, where it is somewhat good but not enough to provoke a reaction.
Thanks mate !!!

Messages In This Thread
Wasteland - by Yanifska - 01-21-2016, 11:37 PM
RE: Wasteland - by artistebot - 01-22-2016, 04:06 AM
RE: Wasteland - by Yanifska - 01-22-2016, 04:08 AM
RE: Wasteland - by xelfereht - 01-24-2016, 09:19 PM
RE: Wasteland - by Yanifska - 01-24-2016, 09:50 PM
RE: Wasteland - by Amit Dutta - 01-30-2016, 08:27 AM
RE: Wasteland - by Yanifska - 02-06-2016, 12:53 AM