nutriman's quest for awesomeness
Hey man, dont ever think you're not good enough for imagination stuff, it's the fun part in drawing which you shouldn't drop and go all-in on fundamentals. Fundamentals are great and essential for everyone, but you might fall into what people call "study-spamming" I explained how I go around that as a reply to you in my sketchbook. Of course my way is not the "correct way" but I feel like it works for me. I'd suggest trying it and doing what works for you.

The first times you start applying what you've learned and trying imaginative stuff will probably be way worse than what's in your head but it's like that for everyone, so just keep doing it and doing it, and eventually all you care about will be the fun you have doing this stuff. I don't think what matters is creating a pretty picture in the end, I think you should enjoy drawing and painting and doing imaginative work will help you get out of a study spamming cycle which might bore you out of art one day.

But, I think your studies are pretty great, you have a really good eye for values and color, and your figures look good too. You seem to have all the skills required to make imaginative stuff, so all you need is hand practice and some getting used to.

Have fun!

Messages In This Thread
nutriman's quest for awesomeness - by nutriman - 01-23-2016, 11:05 PM
RE: nutriman's quest for awesomeness - by tripna - 02-05-2016, 01:06 AM
RE: nutriman's quest for awesomeness - by Axrel - 02-06-2016, 05:19 AM
RE: nutriman's quest for awesomeness - by CTrow - 02-09-2016, 05:02 AM
RE: nutriman's quest for awesomeness - by Mayroo - 02-09-2016, 05:26 PM
RE: nutriman's quest for awesomeness - by Eyliana - 02-24-2016, 01:34 AM
RE: nutriman's quest for awesomeness - by tripna - 02-24-2016, 01:41 PM
RE: nutriman's quest for awesomeness - by Flo - 03-03-2016, 01:26 AM
nutriman's quest for awesomeness - by nutriman - 02-01-2016, 11:54 AM