That ghost dude sketchbook
(02-03-2016, 01:26 PM)Sagittarius-A-star Wrote: And you've already posted your Draw a Box stuff, and here I am posting without checking to see if you've updated. DERP  :D Good work!! You are off to a great start here. You are actually doing better than I did, when I first started. ;D

Your superimposed lines look good, just keep practicing and tightening those up. Same with ghosted lines and planes. You are clearly taking the time to go through each exercise and do it properly. If you do that, you are bound to improve!! Of course, there are some specific issues you'll want to watch out for- you are a bit wobbly with those ghosted lines, but that's something that will cure with practice. I was terrible and I just practiced it to death 'til I got better. ^^

Do more of this stuff. I know it's basic, kind of boring, and kind of hard too... but everyone has to do it. Even professionals who have drawn for years still practice this regularly as warm-up exercises. As you progress at Draw a Box, you will want to keep doing the Lesson 1 stuff as regular warm-ups. And after you've completed the entire course, too. At first it seems like hard work but eventually it gets easier. And it makes a massive difference in your drawings.

The naked ladies look good, just keep practicing those figures and learning your anatomy. ^^ You're doing great, man, can't wait to see what you'll be making in the future!

Dude, thank you so much for checking my stuff, you've been so helpful with the critiques, for reals!
Yeah i clearly have a confidence problem with my lines, the exercises from the drawabox site are really saving me in this issue, thanks for the compliments on my lines, i was no really sure if i was doing well on that and the tip on the box faces, i'll even note that down lol.
On the anatomy side, i started a comic art school today (My ultimate goal is to develop a awesomely stylized lineart to get into the comic industry haha) and let's see where this gets me.

Messages In This Thread
That ghost dude sketchbook - by ThatDudeIsaGhost - 02-02-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: That ghost dude sketchbook - by Mechanizoid - 02-03-2016, 01:14 PM
RE: That ghost dude sketchbook - by Mechanizoid - 02-03-2016, 01:26 PM
RE: That ghost dude sketchbook - by ThatDudeIsaGhost - 02-04-2016, 11:42 AM
RE: That ghost dude sketchbook - by Mechanizoid - 02-05-2016, 07:40 PM