Donations for the server with a tournament?
I'd also be sceptical of using donations in this way, to be honest, unless there'd be a specific separate donation pool for just the contests, so people could chose what to give for.

But considering Lodratio's comment up there, maybe we could use the shift in mentality to generate interest in a contest without the need for a monetary incentive, by just offering the exposure/Hall of Fame. Honestly, even if it were just a forum thread dedicated to the winners of some ongoing competition (like I believe there was with the Golden Boy?), this would already be an incentive for me, not even for the exposure, but just for the feeling of accomplishment of making it into that list of names - like a "challenge cup" that you get to engrave your name on. It's a result to your efforts that you can see, so it feels like something. As it is, once a contest is over the next one starts, giving them more the feeling of one endless painting game than actual separate contests. Maybe that's just me though. I've never been an avid participant of contests, and prizemoney won't change that. If anything, I'd actually be less inclined to enter, because it's unlikely that I'd win, so if it's all about the money - why bother. If it's all about the achievement on the other hand, I might actually want to prove to myself that I can do it, even if it takes many attempts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donations for the server with a tournament? - by Olooriel - 02-06-2016, 01:48 AM