Not really a Sketchbook but...
Welcome Satoronus! I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself. My recommendation would be to go and learn the fundamentals first, before moving into full on painting. If you look at how universities like FZD or Art Center are teaching (http://fzdschool.com/fundamentals) you'll notice that they do SO MUCH linework before even moving into painting, that shows how important huge fundamental mileage is to get some serious painting/designing going. At the moment I'm personally getting into the fundamentals by myself, I'll start studying Industrial Design at the end of the year, so we're somewhat in the same boat.

I think you should really start with linework and fundamentals. For me personally I decided to avoid painting until I have really solid linework and a solid design sense, otherwise its just too much to handle.

But the most important thing is: Keep moving, and that you're already doing! So just keep moving and maybe start at the fundamentals, it will help you a lot!

If you have any questions just ask, the community here is really nice and helpful, just ask :)

Keep it up man!!

Messages In This Thread
Not really a Sketchbook but... - by Satoronus - 05-11-2016, 04:44 AM
RE: Not really a Sketchbook but... - by Satoronus - 05-11-2016, 04:47 AM
RE: Not really a Sketchbook but... - by BrushNoir - 05-11-2016, 04:48 AM
RE: Not really a Sketchbook but... - by Satoronus - 05-11-2016, 04:56 AM
RE: Not really a Sketchbook but... - by Satoronus - 05-12-2016, 02:51 AM
RE: Not really a Sketchbook but... - by Satoronus - 05-13-2016, 03:03 AM
RE: Not really a Sketchbook but... - by miracoly - 05-13-2016, 03:32 AM
RE: Not really a Sketchbook but... - by Satoronus - 05-13-2016, 05:46 AM
It's been a while ... - by Satoronus - 02-04-2018, 09:52 AM