I need a little help understanding how to draw ellipses in perspective
(06-17-2016, 05:39 AM)John Wrote: Hmm..
EDIT: Forgot to mention, the minor axises (axi? axes?) for each ellipse should go though the center of both ellipses!  The 2nd image didn't illustrate that, ergo, not a cylinder! (Or at least not a cylinder with a circular face)
EDIT 2: As far as I know, in a two point perspective, any four sided shape with at least two lines parallel to each other can be considered as a perfect square. Of course, you can go to the extreme of making one parallel line a 100 feet and 10 cm with the other. I can still say it can be considered a perfect square in perspective, but a horribly distorted perfect square in perspective.

Thank you so much for the explanation! 

I think I understand the concepts now. This is the video where the second image comes from and created so much confusion for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GpQMxcHOEU

At 7:09 she connects the two ellipses into a cylinder but now I know that is just a mistake on her part because it is one point perspective and she should have placed another vanishing point.

Here's my sketchbook! Any comments, criticisms, advice or critiques are very appreciated. I'm a beginner and I don't know what I'm doing yet  Tongue

Messages In This Thread
RE: I need a little help understanding how to draw ellipses in perspective - by fauxfresh - 06-17-2016, 06:02 AM