Become Pretty Good At Drawing And Rendering The Human Figure
Although art is not my fulltime occupation, I am pretty serious about getting better so I watched Amit's S.M.A.R.T. art goals video the other day and combined that with some stuff I learned over the years and have set myself the following goal:

"Become Pretty Good At Drawing And Rendering The Human Figure"

Motivational Art:

The art of Fenghua Zhong:  https://fenghuazhong.artstation.com/.
The art of Wei Feng:  https://fengweic12.artstation.com/.
The art of Ignacio Fernández Ríos:  https://pencracker.artstation.com/.

Success criteria:

1. Be able to construct realistic and fluid human figure poses from different angles.
2. Be able to construct the human figure in perspective.
3. Be able to accurately construct human anatomy (bone structure and musculature) from different angles.
4. Be able to render the 3D form of the human figure with values and colours.

End Date:

31 December 2016

Constraints:

1. I can realistically only allocate 1 hour a night to my art hobby.
2. I have to be in bed by 11:30pm every night otherwise I will burn out.

Current Work Velocity:

29 hours/month (but I will adjust this to 20 hours/month to factor in my comic project)

Tasks For Current Month (October 2016):

TBA

Task Bucket:

Hunt down some values tutorials [0.5 hours estimated].
Do Drawabox Lesson 1: Boxes [1 hour estimated].
Do at least 1 full body human figure sketch every day for the whole month [5 hours estimated].
Do a diagram of brachialis muscle Origin And Insertion and memorize [0.5 hours estimated].
Understand Measuring Points in perspective and do 3 Measuring Points drawings [1 hour estimated].
Watch the Ron Lemen "rendering the figure video 2" [0.5 hours estimated].
Watch the Ron Lemen "rendering the figure video 3" [0.5 hours estimated].
Watch the Ron Lemen "rendering the figure video 4" [0.5 hours estimated].
Complete A Perspective Grid Referenced Drawing 4 - Worm's Eye View [1 hour estimated].
Complete A Perspective Grid Imagination Drawing 4 - Worm's Eye View [1 hour estimated].
Do a diagram of latissimus dorsi muscles Origin And Insertion and memorize [0.5 hours estimated].
Do a diagram of external oblique muscles Origin And Insertion and memorize [0.5 hours estimated].
Do a diagram of the rectus abdominus muscle origin and insertion [0.5 hours estimated].
Do a diagram of the front and outer thigh muscles origins and insertions [0.5 hours estimated].
Do a diagram of the back and inner thigh muscles origins and insertions [0.5 hours estimated].
Study the Peter Han Dynamic Sketching 1 Masterclass Demo video [2 hours estimated].
Study the Peter Han Dynamic Sketching 2 Masterclass Demo video [2 hours estimated].
Gather tutorials for adding colour to grayscale value paintings [0.5 hours].
Do a master study each month of my favourite artists [2 hours estimated].

More tasks to be added soon.

Completed Tasks:

Please see the Monthly Review posts later on in this thread.

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Messages In This Thread
Become Pretty Good At Drawing And Rendering The Human Figure - by Artloader - 06-18-2016, 02:22 AM