What are your favorite pens to draw with?
HI-TEC C pens are actually not waterproof at all. I use my brushes to blend them all the time for some quick rendering effects. They resist alcohol markers very well, so they are good for that, but they are water soluble, making them very versatile. Personally, I don't like their grip, but you might be able to get refills cheap and put them in other own enclosures that fit well if that's also a problem?

I use pigment liners too and... They seem to last forever for me years of taking countless pages of notes daily and drawing none stop? 0_0 Even my instructors at those pens can last for years. The downside with felt tip pens are that the tips wear out fast, so a light touch is needed.

When you say they dry out fast, do you mean the tips become scratchy, or do you mean the there is literally no ink left?

I currently use Touch markers with Copic refills. Works very well and saves a lot of money in the long run. Maybe you can find a supplier that ships them at a low cost?

I jus was just watching a video where people were reflecting on using traditional tools for graphic design and write a few mentioned their horrors with Rapidographs. XD 

You can find it on Adobe Illustrator's Facebook page, here:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=101544528

Messages In This Thread
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-17-2017, 06:36 AM