Just looking for some feedback
(08-03-2016, 05:48 AM)Milena Mantovani Buzzinaro Wrote: Hello Nick! Well, I had the freedom to change a few things on top of his painting. You asked if the colors seemed flat, and seem so! Blue armor need some variation, it is kinda blue baby knows? Need a little purple, a little dark brown. What I did above, it was to add a layer to Overlay blending mode in Photoshop (not sure if the program used) but in short, is to take this blue uniform, give a little more life.
And the hair, blonde does not mean that the hair is yellow. Just when you discolor it and looks like egg yolk. hahaha but the natural blonde is light brown, sand color. Notice in the photos, in real life the REAL color of things, remove prejudice "grass is green, the sky is blue, blond hair are yellow" you will see that the grass is pulled yellow, pro brown and there goes! This applies in armor too .. do not use pure blue, take a little saturation also I think it will become more realistic.
Well, the rest I did was apply an additional glow in the armor, I think the color of her ta very stoned, have to improve a little in values, make the correct rendering of metals know?
But the tip is to always use a sugeira above, to the things do not get too uniform.
I loved the design, I thought the character're nice, very beautiful. Now just set the forms, put more light and shade.
Well, it's my first feed back! If you can say what you think, I'm new to the forum and I wonder if I helped you :D hope so, hugs!

Milena,
Hey thanks for doing a paintover!
I like what you've done with the values; the shadows are deeper and the reflected light on the metal is brighter. The higher contrast really enhances the sense of depth.

You're right about the colors, I was pretty lazy here with the basic blue armor and basic lemon yellow blond hair. I'll look at some reference and add more hues so that the palette isn't so limited and boring.

I appreciate your feedback, thank you so much, and welcome to the forum!

Messages In This Thread
Just looking for some feedback - by DQ_Nick - 08-02-2016, 12:19 AM
RE: Just looking for some feedback - by John - 08-02-2016, 11:03 PM
RE: Just looking for some feedback - by DQ_Nick - 08-05-2016, 03:12 PM
RE: Just looking for some feedback - by John - 08-05-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: Just looking for some feedback - by DQ_Nick - 08-05-2016, 03:21 PM