andofryn's sketchbook
Time for an update!

These are some random sketches from my sketchbook(s)

Cats hardly sit still!

People from a cafe:

Both from photo ref:

I started going to life drawing sessions, these are the results of two sessions I went to so far.. Loads of stuff to improve, I find it hard to work smaller, I always reach the end of the paper too soon, and I always get absorbed in detail way too early. Also haven't figured out yet how to shade big areas in a quick way. I should do some anatomy theory studies and figure out a process to put down forms/planes accurately!

I went to Berlin last week for a work-related conference and was lucky enough to have my visit overlap with a 'drink and draw Berlin' meetup. A big shoutout to the organisers and everyone who attended the event, I had loads of fun and it was incredibly humbling being around such an awesome bunch of people. If you're ever around in Berlin keep an eye out on their facebook page and don't hesitate to go!

Some quick sketch on the iPad:

One of the people I met in Berlin was the amazing Igson and she let me have a look through her gouache sketchbook. I was blown away by it and was instantly inspired to give gouache a try as well. Last Friday I did some shopping and today I did my very first 'gouache in the wild'! Of course it was a massive failure, I encountered loads of obstacles, first of all my inability to paint anything, second the medium and third my freezing hands. I haven't figured out how to properly blend the colours or work in an organised way yet. On top of everything it started raining which meant I had to give up and go home. Once I was home I tried to fix a few things with colour pencils but that didn't help too much. Definitely loads of fun to try out though!

Messages In This Thread
andofryn's sketchbook - by andofryn - 10-20-2016, 04:43 AM
RE: andofryn's sketchbook - by andofryn - 11-14-2016, 06:18 AM
RE: andofryn's sketchbook - by Artloader - 11-14-2016, 09:50 AM
RE: andofryn's sketchbook - by andofryn - 12-12-2016, 04:55 AM
RE: andofryn's sketchbook - by andofryn - 06-15-2017, 03:14 AM
RE: andofryn's sketchbook - by andofryn - 06-18-2017, 05:44 AM