Screwed over!
So I was contacted by a local game developing company named *bip*. The boss offered me a fat salary and basically everything I could have wished for. I "just" had to produce four high-quality illustrations on a given subject (which I can't talk about) over the easter weekend and the job would be mine. These were meant to be worksamples for them to judge my ability to paint a theme on a given deadline. Turned out he was going to use my paintings for client work without telling me before I made them. I managed to create this for him spending between 5 - 8 hours each on them. That was way to slow! They should have been done in the half amout of time. This isn't concept art again but full illustrations. I'm sure people does them fast with hardwork etc. but atm I'm not at that level. He keept extending the deadline for me (doing me a favour) to do it right so after 10 days nonstop working I had enough. I completed the two first dealines. I updated everything over and over. He wanted 7 more days but I reached my limit. I asked him about the job he promised saying he knew my work ethic by now and that I wanted an answere since I allready have 1 job to do. This is were it all turned to shit.

He started saying that I wasn't humble and fast enough to work with this. That he gave me a chance and that I should be thankfull for that. So basically I should shut the F up and thank him. He said that he would have hired me but that I blew it when I mailed and asked him about if I would get the job. Don't question authority people. Also they were the ones who contacted me wanting me for their team because they thought I was the shit and they just had to have me. Then he makes me jump trough all these hoops. Stupid.

Long story short: I got totally f***ed over. Wasted time for sure. But it seems that most artists stumble upon these people. Next time i'll be smart about it. Back on track and ready to go! Thanks for reading.

Messages In This Thread
Screwed over! - by Mattias Fahlberg - 04-15-2012, 06:01 PM
RE: Screwed over! - by DK - 04-18-2012, 04:09 PM
RE: Screwed over! - by SamC - 04-19-2012, 07:51 AM
RE: Screwed over! - by joerdenleigh - 04-20-2012, 05:27 AM
RE: Screwed over! - by Mattias Fahlberg - 04-23-2012, 05:38 PM
RE: Screwed over! - by yianniPapz95 - 05-01-2012, 01:51 AM
RE: Screwed over! - by SangHee - 10-19-2012, 02:27 AM
RE: Screwed over! - by Shaun Patterson - 01-31-2013, 03:59 AM
RE: Screwed over! - by ChrisBjors - 06-02-2013, 06:05 AM
RE: Screwed over! - by Mike Tenebrae - 06-04-2013, 10:31 PM