Hello CG and 2017!
(01-21-2017, 02:34 AM)Artloader Wrote: Hi Danielle, I find that it helps to plan ahead and have an idea of what I'm going to draw when I next sit down to do art.  For example I am currently working through Amit's EDR course and a project for a friend - so I know that next time I sit down, I will be doing Notan sketches for Amit's course and some 3D modelling for my friend's project.  That way if I ever find myself with loads of art time on my hands, I don't have to waste my time deciding what to draw - I already have a game plan.

That is good advice Artloader. I will check out that course. I actually came up with a similar kind of thing on my own earlier, I just got a new toned paper sketchbook, and I am very excited to experiment with this new thing for me. And on the inside cover, i made a tall list of drawing subjects who just instantly make me itch with inspiration to draw. THese specific topics I know i could see myself wanting to be in a mindset for any moment in time; and could apply learning fundamental art skills such as lighting, color theory etc. around them. This way whenever I flounder about not knowing what I'd like to draw, I can glance at this list of my imagination's interests, and I suddenly feel invested to see it in reality- "Skeletons driving a wagon carriage", "stained glass windows", "Vishnu", all sorts of highly specific themes i just find 'cool', I don't need to achieve every single item on the list, but the idea is to cross off as much of this 'bucket list' as possible. It should feel less like 'work' or 'school' if i take my time to learn things for projects I really find enjoyable as an idea anyway, and makes me recall what specific types of reference should i keep on the look out and hunt for. What do u think about this plan?

If you're hoping to improve perspective say, just build up a backlog of perspective exercises that you can pick from next time you get the opportunity.

'The Draw A Box' website is in shoutout to the above comments been an excellent starting point for just that!
I went right to step 1, and intend to go from there up.

Nice sketches by the way - are they watercolour? 

Most of my studies are brush marker, or watercolor. That one with the sunglasses is fine tip marker. These pages were from notebooks crammed with various on-the-run studies of people either in the city of Manhattan or Florence Italy when I studied art abroad there, or models doing 30sec pose sessions in class! Here's more examples of a few other pieces I have done!

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Hello CG and 2017! - by Inagada Davida - 01-03-2017, 01:27 PM
RE: Hello CG and 2017! - by Artloader - 01-03-2017, 11:55 PM
RE: Hello CG and 2017! - by Inagada Davida - 01-20-2017, 12:08 PM
RE: Hello CG and 2017! - by John - 01-04-2017, 01:04 AM
RE: Hello CG and 2017! - by ZombieChinchilla - 01-04-2017, 01:06 AM
RE: Hello CG and 2017! - by Inagada Davida - 01-20-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: Hello CG and 2017! - by Artloader - 01-21-2017, 02:34 AM
RE: Hello CG and 2017! - by Inagada Davida - 01-28-2017, 07:47 AM
RE: Hello CG and 2017! - by Artloader - 01-28-2017, 09:02 AM