Hadorei's sketchbook
(02-25-2017, 09:17 AM)Artloader Wrote: Hey welcome to Crimson Daggers Hadorei :).

You've got some really nice studies there - I like how you've taken your time over them and given them care and attention.  I also like your rendering skills, I see core shadows and reflected light in your renders (stuff I only recently learned about myself that really makes a difference to realism).

For anatomy studies, I recommend Proko's YouTube channel - high quality free content:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClM2LuQ...23462tQzBg

And I personally also studied from Michael Hampton's book Figure Drawing Design and Invention - I recommend it.

You have a lot of goals there - I suggest just picking a few of those to focus on first rather than trying to learn everything at once.

As for painting, I just started trying acrylics myself and am having great fun.  Although I found it really difficult to get the right colours and values when I mix paint so I am starting off just doing monochromatic studies so at least I can get the values right to begin with before moving onto colour as well.

Good luck - let's do this!

Thanks! :)  Yeah I have a huge playlist of figure resources on YouTube...I just have to go through and do them all and have good references. >_<  So when you say study from, do you mean you're copying the drawings in there? I have a lot of figure drawing books but I'm never sure if drawing everything in there will really help me or not? Maybe a stupid question...hahaha

You're right, I always overload myself and then do nothing. 
I paint mostly with oils but acrylics are faster...should I post finished paintings in here too or in some other thread?
Going museum drawing with a friend tomorrow so will post the results. :)

Some studies, I think from Anatomy Lessons from the Great Masters

Messages In This Thread
Hadorei's sketchbook - by Hadorei - 02-25-2017, 08:28 AM
RE: Hadorei's sketchbook - by Artloader - 02-25-2017, 09:17 AM
RE: Hadorei's sketchbook - by Hadorei - 02-26-2017, 04:19 AM
RE: Hadorei's sketchbook - by John - 02-25-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: Hadorei's sketchbook - by Hadorei - 02-26-2017, 04:24 AM
RE: Hadorei's sketchbook - by aks9 - 02-26-2017, 08:23 PM
RE: Hadorei's sketchbook - by Hadorei - 02-27-2017, 06:14 AM
RE: Hadorei's sketchbook - by Hadorei - 02-27-2017, 06:11 AM