Can you help me push this further?
(03-15-2017, 11:27 AM)cesartalves Wrote: I might overlap some of the points above.

1. I think the rendering is not bad perse. The main thing that jumps right out of the bat for me is that the edge of the character is very crisp, even in places where it shouldnt be (like the hair). Secondly, there are inconsistencies in the light direction (in the front arm, it looks like it's coming from the front, in the belt, from the left, in the head, a sort of 3 quarter with a rim light. Finally, the materials look pretty much the same, which could be improved with more carefully planed texture and variety in value and saturation range).

2. The main problem in the drawing is the left arm going behind the right one, recheck the anatomy there asap.

3. What's the action that is going on? Did he just throw the coin, or is he going to catch it? In the later, his throwing hand should be closed with a thumb up. In the later, the coin should be vertical to his hand. If you made his eye gaze go to the coin, the acting would be much stronger than with his look "to nowhere". Next time, try to "act out" the pose you want your character to make in a mirror or something, so you can have an idea of what nuances can make it stronger.

Hope it helps :>
thank god for your comment. i sensed that the anatomy was off on the arm but i kept telling myself that everything is ok :))
i was thinking that he just threw the coin and he was going to catch it.
i think i heard an interview with dave rapoza where he said that he takes a photo of himself sometimes for reference ( forgive my ignorance if that was not him and another artist) now i heard that from you too so i might as well try it xD it will certainly be helpful ( i kinda eyeballed the anatomy unfortunately - so my lacking of anatomy fundamentals becomes quite obvious)

i just want to thank you for taking the time to write those useful tips ! it really did help me a lot ! :D

Sketchbook     Artstation    Faceboob   

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can you help me push this further? - by chrisbojan - 03-18-2017, 06:46 AM