VickGaza - Help me learn 2D char. design
Thumbs Up 
Hey dude! Welcome to CD! I'm very happy there are already two people who are giving you so much info and support on how to be a better 2D artist. I'm grateful for that. Your 3D work is very excellent and you have already established that you know your shit. But 2D is a different ballpark unfortunately and I hope CD can guide you to your desired level of drawing! 

Your figures excel in gesture and rhythmic linework but, similar to what Amit said, not that much in terms of 3D forms and construction. I am in a very similar rut where I am good at flow and loose gesture but that's it. I am currently trying to alleviate that problem by just constructing my figures out of cubes and cylinders first and then go in with the drawing. And also reading some figure drawing books like Hampton and McMullan and Hampton and the "Force" series and Hampton.

BUT, It's great that you got gesture down well because that is genuinely the hardest yet most important part of drawing the human figure, so good job on that. It is super hard to find that happy medium between solid forms and gesture but you just gotta... chug through it y'know. (Also, 1000 drawings in THAT amount of time?! Nice work bro!)

I got some misc. shit that you can check out:

Fresh Designer - A webiste that has photos of the human figure and portraits. Double the fun.

Karl Gnass - You've probs heard of him, but he has some good tips on figure drawing

Color Supply - I just found this thing and I thought it would be cool to share it. Sorry for it not being figure drawing related.
[/url]
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS-5A3Veue4]ModernDayJames
- A Youtube channel where the guy generally focuses on structure and adding volume unto everything. I think he's cool

And that's all because i have no idea how to fix that coding issue up there. I hope this helps! Bye bye!

Messages In This Thread
RE: VickGaza - Help me learn 2D char. design - by AfricanVoodoo - 11-29-2017, 08:56 AM