Where it’s at - Illustrator looking to build skills!
You were mentored by Evan Amundsen? That's really cool, I like his work a lot! I can definitely see the influence in these designs they look great. Also really nice improvement from a few years ago.

The one thing that keeps catching my eye is just that I feel like you could get more form out of these renderings. I realize of course the goal isn't to make it super realistic or anything, but there's round forms for example both noses that could just seem a lot rounder if they descended more into the shadow shape. Like they could roll into the shadow shape more without losing that edge between them. Shadows like the cast shadow from the hat on the first one show a lot of delineated wrinkles and stuff. And that kind of woven headwrap thing on the old man is really cool actually, but that can pull away from the effect of light and form as well.

I like the centaur, the legs are kind of strange but unique. I think he might feel more intimidating if the bottom half were bigger relative to the top half, but I like it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where it’s at - Illustrator looking to build skills! - by JosephCow - 04-24-2022, 02:40 AM